Hello from Snowy London!
This city is absolutely enchanting this time of the year and I’m having a magical time all by myself thanks to the Christmas lights. My work demands a lot of solo travel and it’s something I feel grateful for every day to have such opportunities (If you’re following me on Instagram, you’ll know about my gratitude exercises!). My travel has brought me a great many experiences and taught me a zillion things, and so here are my 7 tips for my fellow ladies who have no qualms about exploring the world by themselves:
- Tip 1 – Reach a new destination before night falls. Especially if you’re travelling on a budget! Keep an hour in hand to explore the surroundings, public transport, restaurants, supermarkets, and most importantly – pharmacies!
- Tip 2 – Trust your instincts. Take a feeler regarding your surroundings and leave the moment you feel uncomfortable.
- Tip 3 – Don’t worry about loneliness and don’t shy away from interacting with those with whom your paths cross. After all, life is all about the journey and not the destination!
- Tip 4 – Make sure your handbag has a power bank, a hand sanitizer, sunglasses, a water bottle and a scarf at all times. These are absolute essentials!
PS – I’ve currently been obsessed with this scarf from Shaze! For starters, I love its color palette. It’s poppy enough to take whatever it is styled with up a notch, and at the same time has a print that I find just oh-so-soothing! This scarf makes me feel like I’m wearing modern art around my neck, which is why I’ve styled my look around it.
Also, did you guys know there exists an adjective for the feeling you get while on an airplane, when you feel like you’re wandering through the clouds and walking on air (which is something I feel often, thanks to all my travel, and is in fact a feeling that I cherish because of how magical it makes the world seem)? It’s called NUBIVAGANT. Such a cute word, isn’t it? ☺
Any who, back to the tips:
- Tip 5 – Be as local as you can – learn the basics of the language, eat nothing but the local food and soak in the culture as much as you can. When in Rome…. ☺
- Tip 6 – Leave a social media trail so your loved ones know where you’ve been and where you’re headed. It’s your very own safety roadmap of sorts.
- Tip 7 – Make sure to keep a journal – whether physical or online – and write at least a sentence a day. Your social media will make sure you’ve got photo memories to look at when you’re 80 and nostalgic, but it’s always great to look back at your thoughts during your travels.
Do you have any tips to share? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy travels ladies!
What I’m Wearing: Shaze Scarf, H&M Sweater, River Island Jeans