I’ve been lucky enough to visit the city of lights, Paris, rather frequently in the last few months. It’s no surprise that Paris is Instagram-heaven for a content-hungry blogger like me but it can be rather intimidating if it’s your first time there – simply because there are just so many locations to pick from. Every corner is practically breathtaking, and yet you need that perfect location to get you an authentic Parisian feel.
I decided to put together this list to help make your life easier the next time you’re visiting beautiful Pareeeee and want to take home a little bit of French paradise with you. I’ve shot at 70% of this list, and aim to accomplish the remaining 30% in my next trip.
1. Carousel at the foot of the Eiffel Tower (On Maps: Carrousel de La Tour Eiffel)
This list is in no particular order, except this one. The carousel is definitely my number 1 spot choice for the best location to shoot in Paris.
I would recommend visiting this spot at sunset or at night to make the most of the glittering lights in movement. There’s a possibility to capture the carousel and the Eiffel tower in a
single frame if you get your angle right so make sure to experiment with your shots. I did a fun video here using the KiraKira app that you can take a look at here.
2. Trocadéro (On Maps: Place du Trocadero)
To capture the Eiffel tower in all it’s glory, I definitely choose Trocadéro over all other attractions, even though it is one of the busiest amongst the tourists. I would advice going early in the morning or late at night to escape the herds of photo-takers. Make sure you check online if any events are taking place at the time you plan on shooting since public visits are prohibited during such events.
3. Opéra Garnier (Maps: Opéra Garnier)
I stumbled upon the Opéra Garnier thanks to a show I was meant to attend there (but never ended up attending), which turned out to be an exceptional treat to my eye and to my camera. Ever wondered how it feels to be lost in Baroq art and to be found between the Beux Arts? It’s also just a 5 min walk away from another location on this list – Galleria Lafayette so both can be done in a single day.
4. Palais Royal (Maps: Collonnes de Buren)
In the inner courtyard of Palais Royal, I found the candy-striped black and white columns of different heights
poking up from the courtyards floors. It pretty much doesn’t get more iconic than standing on top of one of these rather controversial pieces of art. Adjacent to the courtyard is the Galerie d’Orleans, a courtyard flanked by two colonnades and also home to two modern fountains.
5. Luxembourg Gardens (Maps: Luxembourg Gardens)
Even though I’m not the biggest fan of shooting in gardens and general ‘green’ surroundings, this one was truly special. These gardens are split into English and French gardens and between the
two lies a geometric forest and a large pond, which means that there are little a hundred little spots to capture enchanting memories in.
6. LITERALLY ANY CAFE
I just can’t get enough of Parisian cafes and this has been made pretty obvious from my repeated Instagrams either inside them, outside them, or walking by them. But here are some of my favorite! Le Hibou in Saint German, Le Tambour at Rue Montmarte, Le Consulat at Montmarte and Au Vieux Paris d’Arcole at Rue Chanoinesse (this one is ADORABLE).
7. Louvre (Maps: Louvre)
This might be a rather ubiquitous location but trust me – its all about perspective. I’d say, make sure to visit in non-tourist hours, and make sure to experiment with your shots. Makes for gorgeous couple photos too – like this one.
8. Galleria Lafayette Hausmann/Printemps Rooftops (Maps: Same)
As a known shopaholic, I discovered these two upscale shopping malls on my recent visits. They both offer an astonishing view from their rooftop terrace over Paris city. Galeria Lafayette has an admiring interior decorated
beautifuly especially around festivities. Both of these malls lie almost next to each other, so you could take your chance with both!
9. Sacre Coeur/Montmarte (Maps: Sacre Coeur)
The Sacre Coeur is a roman catholic church that leads up to the Montmarte Butte, highest point in the city
of Paris.. It is an uphill journey for about 300 steps so if you are feeling a tad lazy I’d recommend
taking a funiclar for just 7 euros. From the basilica if you walk your way west you can get a glaze
over the butte Montmarte that might deliver some instagram worthy posts.
I hope you enjoyed this post and it could in any way be helpful to you! Do share your photos with me and tag #MissStyleFiesta if you happen to shoot at any of these locations x