Fashion week has long passed us but I’m still gathering photos and the likes to share my experience with you’ll. I attended one such super helpful masterclass with TIGI Bedhead at the #LFWApartment where I was guided through their entire collection of products and different styles for different types of hair followed by a personal styling session. TIGI Bed Head gives you the freedom to experiment with your hair and this masterclass was just what a boring-hair person like me needed!
Since my look for the day had a ‘bohemian vibe’, thats what we abided by for my hair as well. We were time-constrained (I had to make it in time for the next show!) so needed to churn-up something quick – which was a good thing because I’m always running second-by-second so I wouldn’t spend more than 15mins on styling my hair on a regular day. One of the Bed Head stylists gave light waves throughout the length of my hair, separated it into a middle parting and pulled two twisties to the back for a fresh, free-spirited zeal.
Today, I’m going to share a couple of the hair styling tips I gathered from the masterclass with celebrity stylist Savio John Periera & can’t wait to put to use :
– Bed Head products are great for styling your hair if you want to avoid using heating tools altogether
– Always apply hair product on the mid-length and tips of your hair, avoid the scalp
– Don’t overuse a hair product or your hair will wind up looking weighed down, use a dollop to the maximum
– Tousled hair is making a huge comeback this summer
– Attempt at embracing and wearing your hair closest to its natural state i.e. if you have curly hair, opt for styles that allow it to look tamed but still maintain a wavy, curled texture rather than straightening it out
– Don’t apply the product directly to your scalp, always run the product through your fingers and then lightly glide it through your hair
Outfit details of this look coming up in the next post x